Objectives of the Scheme:
- To prevent trafficking of Women and Children for commercial sexual exploitation through social mobilization and involvement of local communities, awareness generation programmes, generate public discourse through workshop/seminars and such events and any other innovative activity.
- To facilitate rescue of victims from the place of their exploitation and place them in safe custody.
- To provide rehabilitation services both immediate and long-term to the victims by providing basic amenities/ such as shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment including counselling legal aid guidance and vocational training.
- To facilitate reintegration of the victims into the family and society at large.
- To facilitate repatriation of cross-border victims to their country of origin
- Women & Children who are vulnerable to trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
- Women & Children who are victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
Pattern of Assistance : 60% of the cost will be borne by Government of India, 30% by the State and 10% will be met by the concerned voluntary organization. At present 15 NGOs are implementing this Scheme in the State.
National award for individuals & Institutions:
Government of India initiated a Scheme to recognize and honor the individuals and the institutions who rendered best service in the field of Welfare/ development/protection. From the year 2018-19 the Government of India initiated online application for this Award.
Balshakti Puraskar (Exceptional Achievement Award for Children):
The Government of India has instituted awards to give recognition to the exceptionally talented Children in the field of sports, art, cultural, innovation, scholastic, social work and music. Children in the age group of 5-18 years will be selected. There will be one Gold Medal for one Child at National level and silver medals for one Child from each State/UT. For Gold Medalist, a cash prize of Rs 20,000/- ,book vouchers of Rs 10,000/- & a citation will be given. For Silver medallist a cash prize of Rs 10,000/- , book vouchers of Rs 3,000/- & a citation will be given.
Child marriage prohibition cell:
- Prevent child marriage, rehabilitation of rescued child.
- Training child marriage prohibition officers.
- Create awareness about prevention of child marriage through IEC.
- Consolidated Budget / Annual Plan / Reports / Action Plan / Budget Speech / Monthly Reports/ Magazine Report / RTI / Meeting, Management, Monitoring Schemes/ Pratibimba - Dash board & etc.
Women who are above the age of 18 years, who are need the shelter and care are admitted in these institutions voluntarily or referred by NGO's or by individual and also committed by the court under immoral traffic (prevention) Act 1956. Institutions are giving care, protection, shelter, food, clothing, medical facility and training for inmates. Inmates are transferred to the State home for long term rehabilitation. In state there are 3 reception centers are working inBangalore (U), Tumkur, Karawar districts. Based on court order Inmates are released. If the parents are willing to take care of inmates will be released to parents as per the rules. Short term rehabilitation center (6 months).
Women who are above the age of 18 years, who are need the shelter and care, are admitted in these institutions voluntarily or referred by NGO's or by individual and also committed by the court under immoral traffic (prevention) Act 1956. Institutions are giving care, protection, shelter, food, clothing, medical facility and training for inmates. Long term rehabilitation center. If the parents are willing to take care of inmates will be released to parents as per the rules. The inmates are eligible for marriage, marriage will be conducted. For this Rs.20000/- will be released, in this Rs.5000/- will be given for marriage expenditure and Rs.15000/- will be fixed deposit in the name of inmate. In state there are 8 state homes are working in Bangalore (U), Shivmoga, Ballary, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hublli, Mysore and Udupi districts.
Scheme of Destitute Cottages:
Objective of Destitute cottages are care and maintenance of destitute children’s. The children are brought to the main stream of the society by providing food, clothing, shelter, medical facility, recreation and education. Destitute cottages are implementing through non-government organization. This is Zilla panchayat scheme. Each cottage restricted to admit 25 children’s. Under this scheme Rs.1000/- per month per child will be provided as maintenance grant. In state (except Yadagiri, Udupi and Shivamogga) there are 245 destitute cottages are running by 128 NGO’s in 27 districts.
Beti Bachao Beti Padao
The Prime Minister has launched a new project Beti Bachao Beti Padhao on 22 January 2015. It is being practiced in Vijayapura, Bagalkot, Gadag, Haveri and Dakshina Kannada districts.
Improving Declining CSR Empowering Women, Beti Bachao Beti Padao projects important is intended.
The Project will be implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Human resources Development. The implementation of this programme is being implemented by the respective District Collectors and the grants are released directly to the District Officers by the Central Government.
Objects: Prevent Gender Sex Selective Elimination,Ensure Survival and Protection of the Girl Child,Ensure Education of Girl Child.